Parkside Integrated Service Team
5/F, Sai Ying Pun Community Complex, 2 High Street, Hong Kong
Service Mission and Goal
Provide day care, daily life skills and simple work skills training to make the people with disability (people with intellectual disabilities) more independent in life and prepare them to integrate into the community more fully, or transition to other forms of service or care when needed
- Develop personal service plans according to individual needs
- Provide training and activities to enhance personal abilities, for example: self-care ability, domestic living skills, community living skills, simple vocational skills training, social and interpersonal relationship building, etc.
- Provide personal care, nursing care, meals and etc.
- Provide counselling, family support and referral services for appropriate welfare services, such as clinical psychological services and occupational therapy, etc.
- People with moderate/ severe intellectual disabilities who are aged 15 or above
- Not bed-ridden or requiring infirmary care
- Without severe aggressive behaviour endangering self and others
Parkside Integrated Service Team: 60
Referrals can be made by social workers and staff of rehabilitation service units to the Central Referral System for Rehabilitation Services of the Social Welfare Department. After admission, you will become the member of the unit
Hostel, Hostel temporary care service: 24 hours
Day Activity Centre, Extended Care Service:
Monday to Friday: 9:00am-3:30pm
(Except Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
Members and/or their family members can withdraw from the service at any time. Due to the changes of member’s personal circumstances or needs, and no longer meet the relevant service requirement, the service unit will assist in providing appropriate referrals